Monitoring and Alerts
Stay Informed on System Health and Security
Are you fully aware of what goes on in your core cryptographic infrastructure? VirtuCrypt Plus gives organizations the ability to enhance visibility of their core cryptographic infrastructures, receive alerts for issues requiring administrator attention, and fulfill selected PCI DSS compliance requirements.
Through the Monitoring and Alerting service, you can:
- Forward logs to a secure syslog server accessible only to your organization
- Receive real-time notifications on the activity within your infrastructure with minimal configuration steps through SNMP trap, SMTP, or even SMS
- Maintain constant visibility of infrastructure health and status through supervision of vital system parameters, throughput rates, and error messages of your Futurex devices
How It Works
VirtuCrypt Plus Monitoring and Alerting service equips Futurex customers with the technologies and intelligence to monitor their devices and warehouse the data in a central location, the VirtuCrypt Intelligence Portal (VIP) Dashboard.
VirtuCrypt provides consultation about notifications for a customer's specific needs and forwards them, via SNMP, SMTP, or SMS, to a pre-defined chain of responders at the onset of certain events. Users can also define custom notification profiles or edit existing profiles through their VIP Dashboard. In addition to these notifications, the VIP Dashboard can pool device syslogs.
Never Miss Critical Information
When certain configurable events occur, systems administrators are automatically alerted, allowing them to respond to the situation without sacrificing uptime. These include, but are not limited to:
- Device temperature exceeds a safe level
- A number of failed PIN attempts indicates an exhaustive PIN attack
- The device logs a failed login attempt
- An administrator updates the device firmware
- CPU, memory, or network usage crosses a certain threshold